Mathematics K–10 Syllabus Vol 2: Years 7–10
Product ID 12684
This print version of the current Mathematics K–10 Syllabus identifies the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes that NSW high school students are expected to develop.
Teachers have the flexibility to make decisions about the sequence of learning, the emphasis given to certain content and any adjustments required based on student needs, interests and abilities.
The objectives of the syllabus are to help students gain the following knowledge, skills and understanding:
- Work mathematically – develop understanding and fluency in mathematics through inquiry, exploring and connecting mathematical concepts, choosing and applying problem-solving skills and mathematical techniques, communication and reasoning
- Number and algebra – develop efficient strategies for numerical calculation, recognise patterns, describe relationships and apply algebraic techniques and generalisation
- Measurement and geometry – identify, visualise and quantify measures and the attributes of shapes and objects, and explore measurement concepts and geometric relationships, applying formulas, strategies and geometric reasoning in the solution of problems
- Statistics and probability – collect, represent, analyse, interpret and evaluate data, assign and use probabilities, and make sound judgements.
- Years: Years 7 and 8 (Stage 4), Years 9 and 10 (Stage 5)
- Format: Printed
- Weight: 1050 grams