Science and Technology K–6 Syllabus
Product ID 21153
This print version of the new Science and Technology K–6 Syllabus identifies the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes that NSW primary students are expected to develop.
Teachers have the flexibility to make decisions about the sequence of learning, the emphasis given to certain content and any adjustments required based on student needs, interests and abilities.
Science and technology are of increasing importance and integral to our rapidly changing world.
The aim of this syllabus is to:
- foster students' wonder and expand their natural curiosity about the world around them in order to develop their understanding of, interest in, and enthusiasm for science and technology
- develop students' competence and creativity in applying the processes of Working Scientifically and Design and Production to appreciate and understand the world we live in.
- enhance students' confidence in making evidence-based decisions about the influences of science and technology in their lives
- help students to confidently respond to needs and opportunities when designing solutions relevant to science and technology in their lives.
- Years: Kindergarten (Early Stage 1), Years 1 and 2 (Stage 1), Years 3 and 4 (Stage 2), Years 5 and 6 (Stage 3)
- Format: Printed
- Weight: 108 grams