Science K–10 Syllabus Vol 1: Science and Tech K–6
This print version of the current Science and Technology K–10 Syllabus identifies the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes that NSW primary students are expected to develop.
Teachers have the flexibility to make decisions about the sequence of learning, the emphasis given to certain content and any adjustments required based on student needs, interests and abilities.
Science and technology are of increasing importance and integral to our rapidly changing world.
The aim of this syllabus is to:
- foster students' wonder and expand their natural curiosity about the world around them in order to develop their understanding of, interest in, and enthusiasm for science and technology
- develop students' competence and creativity in applying the processes of Working Scientifically and Working Technologically to appreciate and understand the Natural Environment and Made Environment
- enhance students' confidence in making evidence-based decisions about the influences of science and technology in their lives
- help students to confidently respond to needs and opportunities when designing solutions relevant to science and technology in their lives.
- Years: Kindergarten (Early Stage 1), Years 1 and 2 (Stage 1), Years 3 and 4 (Stage 2), Years 5 and 6 (Stage 3)
- Format: Printed
- Weight: 408 grams