Science K–10 Syllabus Vol 2: Science Years 7–10
Product ID 12682
This print version of the current Science K–10 Syllabus identifies the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes that NSW high school students are expected to develop.
Teachers have the flexibility to make decisions about the sequence of learning, the emphasis given to certain content and any adjustments required based on student needs, interests and abilities.
Science provides an empirical way of answering interesting and important questions about the biological, physical and technological world.
The aim of this syllabus is to develop students':
- interest in and enthusiasm for science, as well as an appreciation of its role in finding solutions to contemporary science-related problems and issues
- knowledge and understanding of the nature and practice of scientific inquiry, and skills in applying the processes of Working Scientifically
- scientific knowledge of and about phenomena within the natural world and the application of their understanding to new situations and events
- appreciation of the development and dynamic nature of scientific knowledge, its influence in improving understanding of the natural world and the contribution of evidence-based decisions in informing society's use of science and technology.
- Years: Years 7 and 8 (Stage 4), Years 9 and 10 (Stage 5)
- Format: Printed
- Weight: 495 grams