Technology Mandatory 7-8 Syllabus
Product ID 21155
This print version of the New Technology Mandatory Years 7–8 Syllabus identifies the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes that NSW secondary students are expected to develop.
Technology Mandatory engages students in design and production activities as they develop solutions to identified needs and opportunities.
The study of Technology Mandatory in Years 7–8 enables students to become responsible users of technologies as they learn about Agriculture and Food Technologies, Digital Technologies, Engineered Systems and Material Technologies.
Students develop knowledge and understanding of:
• how traditional, contemporary and advancing technologies are used when designing sustainable products and solutions
• how data is used in the development and automation of digital solutions
• the role of people and technologies in developing innovative solutions for preferred futures.
They will also:
• develop practical skills with tools, materials and processes while working safely, independently and collaboratively on design projects
• develop thinking skills when designing and producing digital and non-digital solutions
• develop and apply skills in project management and evaluation when designing and producing solutions.
• appreciate the contribution and impact of innovation and technologies now and in the future
• appreciate the dynamic nature of design and production processes and how they are used to develop solutions to personal, social and global issues
• appreciate the finite nature of some resources and the impact of their use on the environment and society
• value the development of skills and gain satisfaction from their use to solve problems and create quality products.
- Years: Kindergarten (Early Stage 1), Years 1 and 2 (Stage 1), Years 3 and 4 (Stage 2), Years 5 and 6 (Stage 3)
- Format: Printed
- Weight: 108 grams