Dictionary of Classroom Strategies K–6
Product ID 12657
This invaluable teaching resource offers fresh teaching, learning and assessment strategies to experienced and new teachers. It can be used in the classroom or as part of staff professional development. Schools who trialled this dictionary in its development reported an increase in the range of strategies that teachers used in their day-to-day teaching. All strategies in this book can be applied across the curriculum.
- Some examples of the strategies include:
- Hot seat: students take on roles and use questions in an interview situation.
- Mind mapping: visual note-taking for the generation of new ideas.
- Peer teaching/learning: where students work in pairs sharing and gaining new skills.
- Years: Kindergarten (Early Stage 1), Years 1 and 2 (Stage 1), Years 3 and 4 (Stage 2), Years 5 and 6 (Stage 3)
- Format: Printed
- Weight: 225 grams