Friendship and Family – Early Stage 1, Book 2: English Teaching Resource K–6
PRICE BREAKS - The more you buy, the more you save
This official NSW English teaching resource offers a series of Stage 1 teaching and learning experiences around the theme of friendship and family, which are mapped to the NSW English K–10 Syllabus.
Teachers can modify activities to match students' abilities and needs, the class unit of study, and your school's available literature. The lessons do not have to be taught as a unit of work or in any particular order.
Includes the following areas:
- Writing to entertain – covers imaginative texts, narrative, characterisation, language features, retelling and sequencing.
- Pictures tell the story – covers visual literacy, reading and viewing wordless picture books, the role of images in storytelling.
- Making connections – developing deep understanding of text through making connections between text themes and personal experiences.
- Quality text study – Amy and Louis by Libby Gleeson covers visual literacy, making connections, retelling, comprehension and making predictions.
This book can help with:
- foundation literacy skills
- phonological and phonemic awareness
- concepts of language
- high-frequency word recognition
- knowledge and understanding of grammar, sentence structure and punctuation
- understanding structures and themes in texts
- an appreciation and enjoyment of literature
- connections to personal experiences.