Taking Care of our World – Stage 1, Book 1: English Teaching Resource K–6
PRICE BREAKS - The more you buy, the more you save
This official NSW English teaching resource offers a series of Stage 1 teaching and learning experiences around the theme of taking care of our world, which are mapped to the NSW English K–10 Syllabus.
Teachers can modify activities to match students' abilities and needs, the class unit of study, and your school's available literature. The lessons do not have to be taught as a unit of work or in any particular order.
Includes the following areas:
- Creative language features – covers creative language features e.g. alliteration and onomatopoeia, vocabulary and poetry.
- Spelling and word building – covers spelling strategies, high-frequency and common sight words, manipulating words and word building.
- Looking at language – covers adjectives, noun groups, adverbials and adverbs.
- Significant sentences – covers compound sentences, direct (quoted) speech.
This book can help with:
- foundation literacy skills
- phonological and graphological awareness
- concepts of language
- identifying and experimenting with creative language features
- word knowledge, including suffixes and compound words
- responding to and composing informative, imaginative and persuasive texts
- knowledge and understanding of grammar, sentence structure and punctuation
- understanding structures and themes in texts
- visual literacy skills
- an appreciation and enjoyment of literature
- connections to personal experiences.