Taking Care of Our World – Stage 1, Book 2: English Teaching Resource K–6
PRICE BREAKS - The more you buy, the more you save
This official NSW English teaching resource offers a series of Stage 1 teaching and learning experiences around the theme of caring for our world, which are mapped to the NSW English K–10 Syllabus.
Teachers can modify activities to match students' abilities and needs, the class unit of study, and your school's available literature. The lessons do not have to be taught as a unit of work or in any particular order.
Includes the following areas:
- Contexts for text – covers connectives, punctuation, thinking creatively and composing texts.
- Water – a precious resource - covers locating information, navigating websites, adjectives, modality and persuasive writing.
- Pictures tell the story – covers visual literacy, reading and viewing wordless picture books and the role of images in storytelling.
- The oldest surviving rainforest in the world – covers informative texts, multimodal texts, vocabulary and inquiry research.
- Writing to entertain – covers imaginative texts, visual techniques, handwriting, personal reflection and character study.
This book can help with:
- foundational literacy skills
- phonological and graphological awareness
- concepts of language
- identifying and experimenting with creative language
- word knowledge, including suffixes and compound words
- responding to and composing informative, imaginative and persuasive texts
- grammar, sentence structure and punctuation
- understanding structures and themes in text
- visual literacy skills
- an appreciation and enjoyment of literature
- connections to personal experiences.