Talking Animals – Stage 2, Book 2: English Teaching Resource K–6
PRICE BREAKS - The more you buy, the more you save
This official NSW English teaching resource offers a series of Stage 2 teaching and learning experiences around the theme of animals, which are mapped to the NSW English K–10 Syllabus.
Teachers can modify activities to match students' abilities and needs, the class unit of study, and your school's available literature. The lessons do not have to be taught as a unit of work or in any particular order.
Includes the following areas:
- Special bonds between animals and humans – covers pronouns and text connectives.
- Animal words – covers spelling strategies.
- Animals movies and animation – covers multimedia texts.
- Animal adventures – covers punctuation for speech apostrophes.
- Animals of the world – covers grammar.
This book can help with:
- Skills related to reading, viewing and composing informative and imaginative texts
- reading, viewing and composing visual and multimodal texts
- knowledge and understanding of grammar, punctuation and sentence structure
- understanding text structures, themes, audience and purpose
- cooperative learning strategies and research skills
- knowledge and skills in spelling and vocabulary
- an appreciation and enjoyment of literature including Australian literature
- comprehension strategies.