You, Me, Australia – Stage 3, Book 1: English Teaching Resource K–6
PRICE BREAKS - The more you buy, the more you save
This official NSW English teaching resource offers a series of Stage 3 teaching and learning experiences around the theme of Australian cultural identity, which are mapped to the NSW English K–10 Syllabus.
Teachers can modify activities to match students' abilities and needs, the class unit of study, and your school's available literature. The lessons do not have to be taught as a unit of work or in any particular order.
Includes the following areas:
- Migrant stories – covers reading strategies, digital texts and informative texts.
- Australian literature – covers reading comprehension, imaginative texts and narrative choices.
- Change and continuity for individuals and groups – covers language and culture and language in social contexts.
- Democracy in Australia, experiences of war – covers spoken texts and persuasive texts.
- Australian icons and advertising – covers multimedia texts, and persuasive techniques in advertising.
This book can help with:
- skills related to reading, viewing and composing information, persuasive and imaginative texts
- understanding different points of view and perspectives
- reading, viewing and composing visual and multimodal texts
- knowledge and understanding of grammar and sentence structure
- an understanding of the social aspects of language
- knowledge of how we learn
- skills in the analysis of persuasive devices used in advertising
- understanding text structures, themes, audience and purpose
- connections to personal experiences
- an appreciation and enjoyment of literature.